“Poor Slum Dweller My Top and Only Priority” says SRA CEO Deepak Kapoor
by Adv Pradeep Nambiar
Investor and Consumer Guidance Society members met the Slum Rehabilitation Authority Mumbai CEO Deepak Kapoor and highlighted 6 SRA projects that required his immediate and urgent attention!
Kapoor said he would resolve all issues related to these projects (and others) immediately!
Since 2011-12 most SRA projects have been stuck in the quagmire of litigation and bureaucratic red tape!
Slum dwellers have not got their “promised” houses
Builders have suffered huge losses because last stage permissions have been withheld
Suppliers have suffered huge losses because their earlier bills haven’t been cleared since most builders are on the brink of bankruptcy
Labour contractors have been forced to send labour back home to UP, Bihar, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh because most work on most construction sites has been at a standstill for almost 7-8 years!
The one way in which the NDA Govt can kickstart the economy is by giving sops to real estate sector in the shape of subsidy, one window time bound clearances and strict quality control
RERA was supposed to do exactly that…
Meanwhile the projects discussed with the SRA CEO were:
1) New Safalya SRA-Bandra, CEO said -14 years vanvas over, will allow slum dwellers to appoint new developer….Mr Ramesh Gawani has failed to develop it in 14 years
2) ShreeRam wadi SRA Andheri west- CEO said…105 PAP flats will be taken over
3) Velankani SRA CEO said- 35 PAP flats will be taken over
4) Blue Moon SRA CEO said- 17 PAP flats will be taken over….MRTP- Criminal cases will be initiated because Builder also sold PAPs, Criminal cases will be initiated “case to case basis”
5) Pragati SRA- ,CEO said….2 illegal floors fine-penalty will be imposed
6) Jafar Buva SRA- CEO said… Kadeshwari mandir- top level meeting will be initiated and efforts will be done to restore the 400 years old Kadeshwari mandir road….
And these are just six!
There are at least 80 more such projects at a standstill!
In fact even if 50% of these get completed that itself will provide a HUGE BOOST for Mumbai’s economy!
Office bearers Anil Upadhyay, Pappu Singh and Shiv Sena leader Sunil Jadhav lauded the CEO’s honest efforts